Aside from being founding director of the center, psychotherapist, author, public speaker and radio personality, I am a mother, a grandmother, a gardener, an artist and a playful spirit. I thank you for taking the time to visit my website. You will find a list of my services, experience and qualifications and select articles I have written. Also, please check out my book You're Not Finished Yet... the first chapter of which describes the effects of alcoholism on the family and how to deal with past traumas of living in a dysfunctional family. The last two chapters are about becoming more spiritual which is the final stage of recovery for a dysfunctional person.. (Click here to read book reviews from Raymond Moody and Michael Tymn.) If you need more information please contact me at your convenience by either phone or email. Blessings, Karen.
• PhD in Philosophy with specialization in Spiritual Psychology, Union Institute & University, Cincinnati, OH
• Masters Degree, Rutgers University Graduate School of Social Work, New Brunswick, NJ. Specialization: Alcohol & Drug Studies
• Bachelors Degree, Magna Cum Laude, Art with specialization in Art Therapy, Jersey City State College
• Ordained, New York City, Interfaith Ministry. Interfaith is for people who want something above and beyond what normal religion gave them.
• LCSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of New Jersey (#44SC01378800)
• LMSW, Licensed Master Social Worker, State of New York (#0331741)
• Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor (CADC), Alcohol and Drug Addiction Professionals Counselor Certification Board of New Jersey, Inc. (#1119R)
• Certified by the NY Training Institute for Neurolinguistic Programming as a practitioner of hypnosis, NLP
• Certified in Spiritual Emergence & Syndromes, Spiritual Emergence Network, Santa Rosa, CA
• National Sudden Death Trauma Specialist Certification, Death Education Counseling, Montpelier, Vermont (2006)
• Founder & Director of Center for Children of Alcoholics, Inc., Red Bank, NJ, 1984-present.
• Consultant for the Department of Health, Division of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Prevention, Training and Education for the State of New Jersey.
• Professor at Rutgers Summer School of Alcohol Studies
• Adjunct Professor Brookdale Community College and Community Services Department
• Founding member of the New Jersey Chapter of the National Association for Children of Alcoholics
+ Provided Education on Family Services +
AT&T, NASW, Association For Spirituality & Psychotherapy (ASP), Head Start, La Leche league International, Catholic Charities, YMCA, and Numerous other agencies, churches and organizations
+ Radio & Television Programs +
•Hosted local radio show 1998, Find Yourself, 89.3 AM, Red Bank, NJ
• Has appeared on radio and television programs nationwide (schedule sent upon request).
+ Author-First Book-2007 +
• You’re Not Finished Yet. Publisher: Cloonfad Press